Under the Private Hospitals and Medical Clinics Regulations Section12 (1) and (1A)/(a), every licensee of a hospital, medical clinic or hospital establishment need to carry out proper documentation and accurate verification of a person’s identity to ensure medical care and treatment is provided to the right patient. Reasonable steps need to be taken and processes implemented to ensure that records are accurate, complete and up to date as necessary for the purposes which they are to be used. Therefore, by law, the collection, use and disclosure of NRIC when seeking medical treatment at a hospital, medical clinic or healthcare establishment is required.
The Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) protects your personal data while enabling organisations to use your data reasonably to serve you.
1) APAX Medical & Aesthetic Clinic as a registered medical clinic, respect and keep your data safe by:
• limiting access to only doctors and healthcare personnel who are involved in your care, and the supporting internal processes,
• conducting regular checks to ensure only authorised persons have accessed your data.
2) The data requested from you may include the following:
• Your personal information such as your name, gender, data of birth, NRIC, passport or other personally identifiable number;
• Your contact information such as your telephone numbers, mailing addresses, email addresses; and
• Your credit or debit card information, shipping and billing information, including name of cardholder, card number, billing address and expiry date.
• Certain Personal Data particularly relating to your personal information, contact information and past medical history are required for specific services. The above information collected will be only by us to provide our service to you, including but not limited to appointment making and confirmation, serving you whilst in our clinic, answering of your queries, and to facilitate payment of your products and services. Whilst you may choose to withhold certain information keep in mind that you may not be able to use some of our services if we do not have the information
3) You have our full assurance that your personal data will never be disclosed to any third party unless where permitted by applicable local law, and required by law. For any questions that you may have on this matter, please feel free to email us at email@example.com
4) For further Advisory Guidelines on PDPA for NRIC by the Personal Data Protection Commission Singapore, please refer here. Refer to Section 3.4 on page 5.