HIFU Facelift Treatment
Achieve skin tightening through micro-focused ultrasound therapy.
Boost collagen remodelling, enhance skin elasticity and lifting naturally.
What Is HIFU?
HIFU facelift treatment is a non-invasive modality for skin tightening, lifting and enhancing elasticity. High-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU treatment) has established itself as one of several treatment options for treating wrinkles and skin laxity worldwide.
HOW DR.NG TREATS SKIN LAXITY
Skin tightening therapy is essential for restoring and maintaining a youthful appearance. To provide the best HIFU facelift treatments in Singapore, Dr. Ng creates a unique treatment plan for each patient. With his vast experience and selection of state-of-the-art technologies and devices, Dr. Ng delivers remarkable, natural-looking skin tightening effects.
How does HIFU Facelift Treatment work?
HIFU facelift treatment uses high-intensity focused ultrasound beams to target specific areas underneath the skin.
This non-invasive method of delivery energy induces small hot spots (microcoagulation zones) from the dermis to the deeper superficial musculoaponeurotic system (SMAS). Subsequently, this leads to collagen and elastin contraction and remodelling.
Without damaging surface skin (epidermis) and surrounding tissues, HIFU is associated with lower downtime and recovery.
HIFU Treatment Areas
- Brow lift
- Under the Chin
Are you Suitable for HIFU treatment?
HIFU facelift treatment is suitable for individuals with mild to moderate skin laxity, wrinkles and those who desire a procedure with minimal to no downtime.
While HIFU treatment is not a replacement for a surgical facelift, it’s a non-invasive treatment for skin lifting and tightening.
Who is Not a good candidate for HIFU treatments?
- Open skin wounds
- Active skin infections or inflammation
- Severe acne and cystic acne
- Implantable devices e.g. pacemakers or cardiac defibrillators.
- Severe skin laxity
- Medical conditions such as autoimmune disease, bleeding disorders, diabetes, epilepsy and Bell’s palsy.
How is the HIFU procedure done?
A medical consultation and assessment will be conducted to assess your skin and areas of concern.
A customised plan is developed based on the areas of concern, and recommendations of the type of transducers to be used during the HIFU facelift treatment procedure.
Prior to your HIFU treatment, the skin is cleansed and numbing cream is applied to ensure your comfort. During the HIFU treatment, ultrasound gel is applied gently on your skin. The transducer delivers precise high-intensity focused ultrasound energy to the targeted areas.
How does HIFU Facelift Treatment feel like?
Most individuals tolerate the procedure well and normal activities can resume shortly after your treatment.
During the procedure, you may feel a stinging sensation underneath your skin when the HIFU microbeams are being delivered.
What are the HIFU after effects?
You may experience transient discomfort, swelling and redness after your procedure. These are usually mild and may lasts a few hours to a few days.
Occasionally, bruising may occur but resolves within 2 weeks.
Rare complications include blisters, burns, fat loss (atrophy) and nerve damage.
When can I see HIFU Facelift results?
The focused ultrasound microbeams stimulates collagen and elastin from within.
The skin lifting and tightening effects are best appreciated 3-4 months after your HIFU procedure.
As the treatment response and longevity depends on individual collagen production, HIFU facelift treatments may be repeated every 6-12 months to maintain results.
schedule a consultation for hifu facelift treatment in singapore
Under the care of Dr. Ng, you can achieve visibly tighter, firmer and more youthful skin. To experience customised HIFU facelift treatments, schedule an appointment with us today.
- Dermatology Times – HIFU offers visible improvements
- Fabi SG, Joseph J, Sevi J, Green JB, Peterson JD. Optimizing patient outcomes by customizing treatment with microfocused ultrasound with visualization: gold standard consensus guidelines from an expert panel. J Drugs Dermatol. 2019;18(5):426-432.
- Suh DH, Choi JH, Lee SJ, Jeong KH, Song KY, Shin MK. Comparative histrometric analysis of the effects of high-intensity focused ultrasound and radiofrequency on the skin. J Cosmet Laser Ther. 2015;17(5):230-236.
- Park H, Kim E, Kim J, Ro Y, Ko J. High‐intensity focused ultrasound for the treatment of wrinkles and skin laxity in seven different facial areas. Ann Dermatol. 2015;27:688‐693