Acne Scar Removal Program
Acne Scar Removal Program: This program is designed to manage the most common type of acne scarring encountered in daily, that is mixed acne scarring. Mixed acne scarring is usually a combination of ice pick, rolling and boxcar scars.
The overall acne scarring is graded according to their visibility from a social distance and the degree to which the scar tissue is able to stretch. Acne scarring is graded 1 to 4; Grade 1 is mild and Grade 4 is severe scarring. The aims of the acne scar revision are to reduce the grade of your acne scars safely and effectively.
Every individual is unique, and so too are the scar distribution, the scar depth and scar type. Take for example an individual with mixed acne scarring; we may first treat the deeper scars with TCA CROSS and subcision to resurface the deeper scars. Once the deeper scars have resurfaced to a satisfactory level, we complete the process with Fractional resurfacing to further improve the acne scars, skin surface irregularity and contour.
The acne scar removal program enables flexibility and takes into account the various types of acne scarring you have. It matches the best treatment to the scar type in relation to your skin type, skin colour and downtime.
What is included in the Acne Scar Removal Program?
Once we have determined the type and grading of your acne scarring, we usually combine treatments that are specific to each scar type.
The acne scar removal program synergizes various treatment methods. These include Subcision, TCA CROSS, punch excision, Dermal Fillers, INFINI skin resurfacing, Laser for pigmentation and anti-inflammatory injections to achieve the best results.
Customized Approach to Acne Scar Revision
The numerous types of acne scar treatment can itself be confusing. Indeed, acne scar revision can be a complex process as often you have more than 2 different scar types requiring different treatments. There is no single method to treat the various scar types, and this is especially true for fractional CO2 laser that has limited reach for deeper acne scars.
Generally, we treat deep acne scars first to detach the underlying fibrous tissue and stimulate collagen remodeling before performing a full face fractional resurfacing to even out the skin tone and texture.
The treatment options will also have to depend on your skin type and colour. Individuals with a darker skin tone will benefit from gentler treatments over time, as there is an increased risk of pigmentation with overly aggressive treatments.
How many treatments would I need to treat my Acne Scars?’
The type and number of treatment sessions will of course depend on the severity of you acne, the scar type and your individual skin type and colour. Our focus is on bringing your maximal efficacy and safety from the treatments with minimal downtime.
Examples (to serve as a guide only):
- Mild Mixed Acne Scarring:
2-3 INFINI fractional resurfacing
- Brown Acne scars with Mild Mixed Acne Scarring:
- Red Acne scars with Mild Mixed Acne Scarring:
- Ice Pick Scarring (predominant):
- Moderate to Severe Mixed Acne Scarring:
- Keloids and Hypertrophic Scarring:
2-4 Anti-inflammatory injections + 5 Facial Redness Laser
What is downtime from Acne Scar Removal Program?
This depends on the type of treatments, your skin type and individual healing times. While some treatments such as fillers have very little downtime, some are associated with more significant social downtime, which requires treatment to be planned in advance to suit your schedule.
With the focus on efficacy and safety, we seek to offer treatments planned around your schedule, fitting with your recovery and lifestyle.
- Dermal Fillers: Usually minimal downtimes. Mild swelling post fillers for 2-3 days. Bruising is usually mild and fades in 1-2 weeks.
- Subcision: Redness and swelling lasts a few days, bruising may take 1-2 weeks to subside.
- TCA CROSS: Redness and swelling lasts a few days, scabs will typically fall off within a week.
- INFINI Fractional Resurfacing: Redness and swelling lasts 2-3 days.
Acne scarring is a very common condition due to a delay in treatment and often an underestimation of the severity of the acne process. Acne scarring is usually a mixed pattern of scars. Each specific scar type will respond better to a corresponding treatment. A combination approach that synergizes the different treatment modalities safely and effectively to bring about the most optimal outcome is the desired goal.
Our focus is on improving your skin the best way possible, taking into account your skin type, skin colour, downtime, lifestyle and budget. While it can be confusing sometimes to determine which treatments to go for, given the vast number of available options, we take a pragmatic approach and advise you accordingly the best approach available based on the latest evidence and clinical experience. With the acne scar removal program, individuals can expect a 1-2 grade improvement in their acne scars over a 6 month period.
Request a CallBack
Get in touch with us with any questions, pricing, or comments.
Or give us a call +65 6769 6007 | WhatsApp us +65 9855 3022
- Monstrey S, Middelkoop E, Vranckx JJ, Bassetto F, Ziegler UE, Meaume S, et al. Updated scar management practical guidelines: non-invasive and invasive measures. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2014 Aug. 67(8):1017-25.
- Gold MH, McGuire M, Mustoe TA, Pusic A, Sachdev M, Waibel J, et al. Updated international clinical recommendations on scar management: part 2--algorithms for scar prevention and treatment. Dermatol Surg. 2014 Aug. 40(8):825-31.
- Alster TS, Lupton JR. Nonablative cutaneous remodeling using radiofrequency devices. Clin Dermatol. Sep-Oct 2007. 25(5):487-91.